Monday, May 19, 2014

Servanthood

-Servanthood: First our job is to train servants.
          -It is Gods responsibility to rise up Leaders.
          -Now a day’s Servanthood is very difficult because:

Servanthood: Mark 10:43-44 --> Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,  and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all.

John 12:26 --> Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

John 3:2-17 --> He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’  The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?  Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.  I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?  No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

1 Peter 2:18 -->  Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

-We don’t like to be treated like a servant yet, we like to be known as one.

1 Corinthians 15:58 --> Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

-We don’t like to serve when the visible results are meager or nonexistent. 

1 Thessalonians 3:5 --> For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter had tempted you and that our labors might have been in vain.

Luke 17:10 --> So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’”
         -We don’t like to be taken for granted

2 Corinthians 6:4-5 --> Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger;

-We don’t like to be maligned, misunderstood, or judged for our efforts.

1 Corinthians 4:13 --> when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

2 Timothy 2:10 --> Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

-We don’t like what it costs us in terms of time, resources, comfort, and/or safety. 

1 Corinthians 9:19-24 --> Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.  To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.  To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.  I do all this for the sake of the gospel that I may share in its blessings.

2 Corinthians 6:4-5 --> Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses;  in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger;

2 Corinthians 11: 23-29 -->  Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.  Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.  Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.  Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

Matthew 25:21 --> “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

-Encouragement


 2 Corinthian 5:9 --> So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.


 In His Grip,
 Jakoby/Jacobo
 Col. 3:3/ 2 Cor. 5:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment